Friday, January 9, 2009

Bunny Fuzzy - Japanese Girl Compilation

Artist: Bunny Fuzzy
Album name: Japanese Girl Compilation
Tracks :
  1. MP3LogoMidnight Cherry Pop



Can my guinea pig get bordetella from migrating rabbit hair?

I keep a guinea pig in the downstairs of my house, and I'm currently fostering a bunny that I keep upstairs. But the bunny sheds a lot; when I pet her hair gets all over my clothes. And the hair isn't easy to brush off, it's really wispy and fuzzy, not like...dog hair, or something.... It sticks to EVERYTHING.

So I was wondering, if I pick up my guinea pig to play with her, and there's bunny hair all over my clothes, can she get bordetella?

Bordetella = an Upper Respitory Infection (URI) that guinea pigs can get from rabbits.

I've read a lot about bordetella...apparently guinea pigs can catch it through the air if they're near enough to a bunny.... But I haven't found any information on how the infection is carried by the bunny, so I don't know if the hair is dangerous in itself.

[Afterthought: It would be neat if somebody could tell me how bunnies carry bordetella (in their skin, mouth, etc). Like, what part of them is dangerous for piggies to touch.]
I dunno for sure if the bunny has it. I heard they can "carry" it without showing any symptoms.

No comments: